Level 1 IT Technician
We are looking for an experienced Level 1 IT Technician to join our team in Uckfield to support our valued clients over the phone, email and online.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Accepting, owning, and completing IT support tickets to a high standard of work and customer satisfaction. Tickets arrive direct from the customer either by email or by phone or are created by automated systems.
- Recording accurate information about steps taken during the life of the support ticket, including diagnostics, conversations, actions and time spent.
- Communicating effectively with the customer throughout the life of the support ticket.
- Following documented best practice in any solution supplied or proposed to a customer.
- Escalating support tickets to a more senior level if the need arises.
- Performing effective handover of tickets if you will not be available the following workday.
- Performing regular routine checks on customers managed services. These checks may be account/billing related or technical log checks with remediation of issues.
- Answering phone calls when needed
- Liaise with external suppliers on behalf of customers as part of providing or supporting a service.
- Identifying and escalating potential sales queries or customer account issues to the appropriate account manager
- Assist with onboarding new customers, or new services for existing customers.
- Occasionally perform on-site visits to customers' premises to assist with installation or fault resolution.
Examples tasks might include:
- Assisting users with basic issues such as password requests/resets
- Troubleshoot application and driver issues
- Assist end-users with software navigation and usage
- Use our internal knowledge resources to suggest solutions
- Guide customer with troubleshooting
- Updating our internal knowledgebase for asist with future resolution of similar issues
- Follow up with clients to ensure system is fully functional after troubleshooting
- Computer and user profile builds (workshop and remote)
- Maintain customer assets and records
- Routine MSP tasks such as devices checks, security alert monitoring and remediation, backup regularity monitoring and remediation
Full training and all equipment will be provided.
This is a full-time flexibile hours role with a mix of time based in our office in Uckfield and working from home. Our office is a non-smoking environment.
You may be expected to work on client sites where the task requires it. It is essential that you have your own means of transport. All expenses are paid.
Our normal working hours are 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Some pre-arranged out of hours work may be required.
Please get in touch via our Contact Page if you would like to send us a CV and qualify for an interview.